Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fiasco at Breakfast

I attempted a new recipe today. One I thought would be really easy for breakfast. Some lovely Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. The recipe looked really easy. It sounded really easy. Well let me tell you it's not! I mean, I did make pancakes but they didn't have that pretty swirl or stay nice and round. I put the batter in the pan and then added the swirl on top just like the recipe said. What it doesn't tell you is how hard it is to flip that pancake after the swirl is added. Batter kinda just goes everywhere in the pan and the swirl doesn't stay nice and neat. It spreads out in the pan and makes a burnt caramel. I managed to make two really good looking ones that went to the hubby. The bad ones I kept for myself. So, if anyone else attempts to make these and has better luck, pass your hints on to me please! Just go to google and type in cinnamon roll pancakes. At least my husband ate them and liked them!

The Relief Society broadcast was last night and it was so good! I have to say, President Uchtdorf is amazing. So is Sister Allred. If you didn't get to watch it, make sure you do cause it's really good. My favorite was the forget me nots. It's interesting that so often we're patient with other people but not with ourselves. We become so hard on ourselves that it seems like we just can't measure up to anything. Heavenly Father really is pleased with our efforts and is proud of what we do. We just have to be proud of ourselves as well. Also, be happy with what you have. I know sometimes I get caught up in this one. I think "Oh if I just get to this point in my life, everything will be great." But that's not the way it works. If we get caught up in this, we don't pay attention to what we have right now. And that's when we become miserable. Really and truly. The things we want in life will come along but we can't be thinking constantly about them. Food for thought today!

No comments:

Post a Comment