Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Weird Day and Baby Shower photos

Well, today was supposed to be a normal day. I wanted to go to a cloth diaper store and get some covers and Snappis, buy some Chick-Fil-A, make quesadillas and relax. Apparently, the universe had other plans in store for me. Monkey has been causing me to not want to eat lately to the point that I have to force myself to get down even one meal a day. And when I want to eat it's strange things. Woke up this morning with an overwhelming urge to eat sugar. Anything with sugar in it. I was telling myself nope, eat some yogurt, fruit, eggs anything but my body and Monkey wanted sugar. We're talking fruit snacks, M & Ms, brownies, you name it. The thought of anything else made me ill. I did hold off and not eat all those things thank goodness. I think I would have regretted it if I had given in (don't worry, I'll give in to the cravings later in this post). However that meant I didn't eat anything.

My little sister took pictures of my baby shower this past weekend. I asked her to email them to me, and she said it would be faster and easier if I just came over and we put them on my computer. In theory, yes it would have been faster. In practice, not so much. Mom tells me to hurry up. It was about 10 and I was in the middle of watching Craft Wars from last night. Yes I do have my priorities :) A show about crafting was far more important to me. Finished the show, got ready and left. Well, I probably should have listening to my mom. What is normally a 5 minute drive to my parents' house ended up taking almost an hour. As I drove by the elementary school in the next neighborhood, I was a witness to a crazy car accident. I ended up having to stay until the police got there, took my information, took my statement and all kinds of other things. Let me just say it was hot and humid outside this afternoon! The man who got taken to the hospital will be fine but I would like to share that as soon as the ambulance pulled up and the police, they saw me and came running over to check me. I had to explain multiple times that I wasn't involved in the accident, just a witness but it's nice to know they were so willing to make sure the pregnant lady was ok. By the time I finally got to my parents' house I was exhausted and finally hungry for food. So the cloth diapers will wait until tomorrow. I did get my Chick-Fil-A, and I was impressed by the number of people there. The drive thru line was insane and inside was just as crazy. But they had pretty fast service I have to say. I did give in to the sugar and got some chocolate chip cookies along with my salad. So that makes it balanced right? Now I'm relaxing and planning the quesadillas my husband will have for dinner. I'm not hungry at all.

So here are some of the pics from the shower!
This was the diaper cake Mom and Mylissa decorated. Gotta give my mom credit for finding a plain one online!

I love this sign Mylissa made!

And here we have a basket of goodies. I really dislike my picture being taken at the moment.

Mom made a bunch of cute books. Everyone laughed at The Rainbow Zebra, however I think it's excellent!

William and Karen got us this and it's my husband's favorite piece of clothing!

They also got us this great monkey bank which is awesome!

And these are the two sock monkey cakes. The monkeys are now in the crib and the cake is in our stomachs. 

So all in all it's been a slightly crazy time. I'm hoping to get to the store tomorrow to get the diapers I need and then do some more relaxing. I also have one more week left of class and then a little break before school starts. I can finally get into my classroom next week so I'm excited to move all my boxes. I love free help!


  1. :) You're getting close... :)

  2. So is the start of school :) Both scare me a little!