Thursday, August 23, 2012

Something to Remember

As panicked as I am about starting the new school year pregnant and with a new curriculum and teaching style I'm not totally familiar with, I have a huge sense of relief right now (I realize this is a poorly written sentence and do apologize). I could not have asked for a more supportive team, including my IA. Every year I wonder how I'm going to accomplish all the things I need to do before school starts, and every year things get left undone until the last minute. This year, even though I am learning a brand new teaching style, I feel supported and relaxed. We have a ton of missing furniture and supplies, no whiteboard or chalkboard, no coat hooks, no network system and a shoddy wireless system. What we do have is an amazing group of teachers, parents and IAs who are willing to pull together and create something amazing: a new school. And sometimes that's all you really need.

We had a training meeting today at another school so we didn't have a full day working in our rooms. I left after the training for my NST (which Monkey and I passed with flying colors!) and discovered that Monkey is going to take his sweet time getting here. On the way home, I called my IA who said she was still working in the room. I came home to plan and try to figure some things out for next week and for my sub. At 8:44 I got a text telling me that our room is ready to go for the Open House tomorrow. I am in shock and awe. Heavenly Father truly knows what we need and answers our prayers. As nervous as I was about taking this job, I am truly humbled tonight and know that there was a reason I was given this opportunity. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with or be around. It's not going to be an easy year and it'll be far from perfect, but I do know that with a staff like this, we'll have an amazing year! We're going to struggle and stumble because that's life, but we will be strong and happy. I am thrilled with the choice I've made to be at this school! I just cannot get over the support and help I have been given the last few days. I'm grateful that I can come into our classroom tomorrow and plan for the next week. I'm happy I can focus on my students for the week or two that I have before Monkey decides to show up rather than worry about setting up the rest of our room. And now it's time for me to get some rest so I'm ready for Open House tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment