Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Crazy Times

Going back to school after break is the hardest thing ever. I've now decided this. I think going back after Christmas break is even worse than summer. I mean seriously, in the summer everything is winding down so you feel like school needs to start. After Christmas?  It's darn cold outside and who wants to wake up early after having a week to be able to sleep in? Certainly not me. And certainly not right now. All I want to do is sleep for a good 10 or 11 hours a day. Doesn't work too well when you're a teacher. I have a stack of papers to grade and a master class that starts tomorrow. Can you say panic mode?

I'm going to learn how to do a lot of relaxing in the next few months. Pushing myself when I can but learning to let certain things go. How I want to cook right now but I have no energy. So my beautiful pictures of food will have to wait until I'm in a better place. I have some great recipes lined up and I'm trying to plot how to convince my wonderful husband to cook them for me. We might have a disaster on our hands however if he attempts to cook more than salsa and eggs. Now that could make for some fun pictures.

I have to say this was an amazing Christmas break. So many great things happened. There were some bad things too but with prayers those will be overcome. Right now I need to focus on getting through the next week and a half and then I can do a happy dance. You'll all find out about the happy dance when it happens. Shoot, maybe I'll even film it!

Also, if you're anywhere near me, don't eat yogurt. Please don't eat yogurt. I don't even like the sound of the word right now. I was so excited to eat my yogurt today and it couldn't happen. Threw it out in the trash can in the teacher's lounge cause I couldn't even stand to have it in my classroom. And that made me sad cause I finally got used to eating yogurt. This too shall pass. So, no yogurt but feel free to bring me veggies (the fresher the better), sharp cheddar cheese and chocolate. Dark chocolate would be yummy. Or Cadbury Flake bars but those are a little hard to find here.

1 comment: