Monday, January 16, 2012

Getting Creative

I'm going to be really good about posting on here for the next several months. Not only recipes, but my gripes and joys about pregnancy and my masters class. Yep I'm a busy woman right about now!

Been doing a lot of thinking about life in general. I've decided I don't like liars. People who can lie to my face are the worst kind. Really and truly I try to find something positive about everyone even when it can be a bit difficult at times. However, when I discover I've been lied to, I will make sure you know I found out. I'm not going to be rude about it or anything, but don't mess with me. And don't go behind my back thinking I won't notice cause I will. I think part of it right now is the pregnancy hormones kicking into overdrive. Makes me a little weepy, a little angry and a little well, more of everything. Meaning you might get your head bit off by accident because you happened to step in my way. I need to figure out how to calm that down. I'm finding myself really impatient right now and I realize that's not going to help one bit! I know better than to pray for patience because well, I know where that gets me and the rest of the world won't like me as Heavenly Father sends even more trials my way to help with my patience.

So my husband asked for salad on Saturday night. Salad happens to be one of the few things I can eat without gagging. At least it was on Saturday because as I'm typing this, the thought of salad is grossing me out. I also figured ok I can make some chicken too. Right now it's all about what I can make quickly and get out of the kitchen so I can sit down. My sister takes the credit for the chicken recipe today. It's super easy and quick and tastes fabulous. At least my husband enjoyed it and that's all that matters.

To make the coating you can mix whatever crackers you like. My sister uses club crackers. I took a mix of club crackers and Cheez-Its. Then I added some garlic powder and Parmesan cheese (the kind you put on spaghetti). Crush all that together and put it in a bowl. Then put some ranch dressing in a bowl. Take out your chicken breasts and pat them dry. Cut them into bite size pieces or strips. Then you dip in the dressing (make sure they're covered), dip in the cracker mix (get them nice and coated) and put them on a pan. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. You might be able to do 8 minutes if the pieces are small. And here they are!
 Don't they look tasty? Then you add a yummy salad like this:
And you have a fabulous dinner ready to go! I'm getting things ready right now for the crock pot so I don't have to cook tomorrow because there's no telling how I'm going to feel.
I have a feeling this is going to be a long week waiting for the next ultrasound on Friday morning. Hopefully good news is heard!

No comments:

Post a Comment