Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pure yumminess

I don't even know if yumminess is a word. Well, according to my spell check it isn't. Which is really sad because it should be. We should use the word yumminess as often as possible. Especially when referring to a new treat I discovered and will soon be making. I present to you the Peppermint Oreo Ball. Just the name alone conveys an amazing treat. It brings to mind some of the best things in life: Oreos, peppermint and chocolate. Seriously, what more could you want? Nothing. I promise you. Nothing.

Yesterday a student brought me a bag with two chocolate covered balls. She was so excited to tell me about this treat she made the night before and wanted me to try them. I figured great another treat a parent made me for the holidays. That's fine with me because I love sugar (doesn't do much for my whole weight loss so I can have a baby but hey it tastes good and it's Christmas). Well, I bit into one during my first planning period and was amazed by the yumminess. All of these incredible flavors at once. It's a truffle but even better. The Oreos get soft from being crushed and mixed with cream cheese and crushed candy canes. And the chocolate coating adds to the wonderfulness. Here I go inventing words again. Oh well. I think I scared the girls who were working on poetry in my classroom because I got so excited. It was the best thing I ever tasted. Apart from a really good steak, the first time I tried chilaquiles etc. I quickly devoured the other one. And then shared with anyone at school who would listen how amazing they were. I apologize to those of you who had to listen to me yesterday but they were incredible.

The best part is that I asked the little girl for the recipe. She went home to ask her mom and brought back to more wonderful balls of yumminess today. She said I could share with my husband. What he doesn't know won't hurt him. I ate them at 10:30 this morning. And I now have the recipe. I cannot wait to make these yummy treats. I will have to share them because if I don't there's no way I'm going to lose the weight I need to! So spread the yumminess and look forward to when I make these Peppermint Oreo balls in the next few days!

I also finished the marshmallows yesterday and guess what? They look and taste like marshmallows. Except even better! As someone at school said "They taste so much creamier!" And I love the mint I put in them. Can't wait to give them out as Christmas gifts to all my wonderful friends and family! I have to make another batch next week. I made pretzels tonight so now I have my goody bags ready to go. I just need to take a picture so you can see the cute tins!

No comments:

Post a Comment