Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chile Rellenos and Halloween

I realize I haven't posted in awhile but I've been a little stressed! Too many personal things going on and lots of ups and downs in our lives. After a lot of pondering and a lot of baking on Friday, I decided to make chile rellenos tonight. Have I made them in the past? Nope never but I love them. So I found a recipe, talked to my sister-in-law and gave it a shot. The biggest surprise? They worked! The only pic I have of them is on my phone so you have to go to Facebook to see them but they taste amazing. However, be sure to get all the seeds out if possible and the membrane. It's super spicy and the salsa only added to that fact.

The longest part of the whole thing is getting the chiles charred and peeled. I do recommend using toothpicks to hold them shut as well. But they tasted great! I also learned that egg whites whip up really fast in a KitchenAid mixer. Like insanely fast and it's a good thing. Once I peeled the chiles, the tricky part was getting the seeds out. I'm trying to think of a better way to do this like maybe take out the seeds first and then char them but I don't know if that will work. I'll have to ask my husband when he gets home.

It's almost Halloween, and we have our Halloween party at school on Friday. The thing about my school is we not only have a party, we have a costume parade. And it's a big deal. I've never been at a school like this before so my first year at the school it was a shock to me. Well, this year we've decided us teachers need to dress up. I'm still trying to piece my costume together so I'll be sure to post pics of the teachers since I can't post the kids. I am excited though cause I get to wear several costumes. I've always enjoyed Halloween. I mean who doesn't love free candy? Can't wait til we have kids so I have an excuse to get the candy. In the meantime, we use my husband's niece and nephews. Which is great! We get to hang out with them and enjoy free candy. Because kids shouldn't have too much candy right? We get to go out to Trunk or Treat Friday night with a dinosaur, a devil and Darth Vadar. My mom should be happy to see us.

Compromise is a wonderful thing I'm learning. Slowly but surely things are coming together for us. And I'm learning more about myself each day. Stay tuned until Friday when you get to see pics of Halloween! I'm off to write a syllabus now.

No comments:

Post a Comment