Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chipotle Sour Cream

I'm not sure who I can really blame for my new addiction. I guess it could be my dad since he's the one who called me and told me I needed to buy this sour cream for chili. But then again, I use chipotles in tinga and I love the smell and flavor.

I made chili last week with chipotle sour cream and it was amazing. So today I made taco soup. Whatever you think of as taco soup, it may not be my recipe. My taco soup is more or less me throwing in whatever looks good to make a soup with taco seasoning. I think it's pretty tasty however the verdict is still out on what my husband thinks. He's busy doing an emergency paint job for a dear friend who texted me while I was teaching her son at school today. So yay hubby for helping out a friend. I will let you know what he thinks of the soup however.

Here's my recipe and the final product. Feel free to substitute whatever you would like to add or cut down on the spiciness.

1 lb of ground beef (you can use shredded chicken as well)
1 can of corn or small bag of frozen corn
1 can of black beans
1 can of pinto beans (put in any kind of beans, as much as you want. They are great!)
2 to 3 cans of Rotel tomatoes with chilis (I like regular or spicy)
1 package of taco seasoning
chopped jalapeños
Chipotle sour cream and cheese for garnish

Brown the ground beef. Drain and rinse well. Put into a pot along with all ingredients except sour cream and cheese. Add extra water if needed to thin out the soup as much as you like. If you want to add a lot of water, you may need to add more taco seasoning. Heat through. Add sour cream and cheese to garnish. Add lots of sour cream for lots of spice! It's amazing. really and truly amazing! I'm on my second bowl but don't tell my husband!

See how amazing it looks? I would have added the cheese but that would require having cheese in my house. Which I don't. I will tomorrow but today we're going cheeseless.

Now excuse me while I look for other ways to use this wonderful sour cream! If you have any ideas let me know! This is what I'm doing as I postpone preparing for parent teacher conferences and my observation tomorrow at school

No comments:

Post a Comment