Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Our Monkey!

So the last few weeks have been quite crazy getting ready for Monkey. We're debating between a few names but we still end up calling him Monkey. Poor guy isn't going to know his own name but that's ok. Got Ruben to come and register at Target the other weekend which was really exciting. Getting a guy into a store for a registry is a little crazy to begin with but once I got him in there, I couldn't get him out! Anything with a monkey got put on our registry once he realized how much monkey stuff was in the store. I truly hope this little boy loves monkeys or he's going to think his parents are crazy. Which we are but that's not the point. Paint colors are picked out but we have to buy them. And I have to say that yard sales are a new mom's best friend. Went out the last two weekends and found all kinds of great stuff. As Ruben puts it "Monkey va a ser bien vestido!" That's very true. He's got some great clothes in all sizes. And we got a great deal on a glider so I'm thrilled. A million things left to do but it'll all get done.

Had another appointment today with the doctor and of course I get to go back and do the rest of my anatomy scan since Monkey wouldn't let us see his kidneys or lower spine. Calling tomorrow to make the appointment and I'm excited to see Monkey again. We realized after analyzing the pictures that Monkey has Ruben's nose and ears and my cheeks and chin. The perfect combination of the two of us! I couldn't be more thrilled. His heartbeat was great today and he didn't swim away from the doppler but he kept hitting hit with his fist. I'm finally starting to feel him moving around. My students also told me I no longer look fat but it looks like I have a baby in there. Makes me feel great :) What they don't realize is that everything has shifted so what they think is the baby is my stomach and everything else!

I can't believe how fast the time is going. I'm over 5 months now and can't believe in a few short months we'll get to see our little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment