Thursday, November 8, 2012

Back to Work and a hurricane

As of tomorrow, I will have finished 6 days of work. Thanks to Sandy, we had my first two days back off. Nice to be home with Monkey but the wind and rain not so nice. Monday the 29th was his two month and Monkey is growing. I was freaked out about the weather but the dr got us in early. The hardest part about everything was watching him get his shots. I seriously cried as much as he did. Then we made the fun drive home in the wind and rain. My husband texted me making sure we were ok as roads were beginning to close at that point. It was pretty scary but Monkey laughed at it all. Hubby gets home and comes lugging in a ton of water. The guy who said everyone was making a big deal out of nothing went to 5 stores to find water "just in case." Luckily we didn't lose power although several times during the night I was convinced the windows were going to blow off. I was up half the night with all the wind but Monkey and hubby slept through the whole thing. As in, Monkey fell asleep around 10 that night and didn't wake up til almost 6!

Then I got to back to work after it all was over, We're making it work. It's hard though for sure. Grandma and sometimes Grandpa take great care of Monkey and send us pictures while we're at work. Pumping is actually going better now that I'm away from him part of the day. Strange how that works. I cannot believe how fast my little Monkey is growing. He laughs all the time and tries hard to roll over. It's funny watching him get stuck and try to figure out what to do up on his side. He is totally my son and fights sleep. He would rather stay up. The problem with that is, he's also his father's son and wakes up early. He can't do both cause it exhausts us.
For your viewing pleasure!
Here we are on Halloween night. He had fun watching us pass out candy and visited the neighbors so we could get candy!

Passing Hurricane Sandy while snuggled on Daddy!

This is his mad face like when he has to wear a hat!
Luckily teaching at my school isn't nearly as stressful as last year was. I have an incredible team and administration. My assistant is my saving grace (I'm sure she's reading this!) and does so much for our classroom. My students are wonderful and work so hard every day. However the best part of the day is running to my parent's house to see Monkey. He's here right now sound asleep in my lap. I don't care about the people who say we'll spoil him by holding him too much or by responding right away when he cries. He's happy and healthy and that's all that matters. I love this snuggle time while I work on report cards. Speaking of which, no grades which is wonderful!


  1. He better put on a happy face reppin' BYUI. He is so adorable! I love my boy!

  2. He's a sweetheart! :) Cute boy!