Thursday, August 14, 2014

Two Years Later

So this post is going up now because I know when it's actually time for it on the 29th, I won't have time. I will be finishing up the first week back with students, prepping for Monkey's party and trying to do homework. I'm taking the time now to post.

Two years ago I was embarking on a new adventure. Switching schools to a Montessori charter school that had just gotten into a building, switching grade levels and due any day with Monkey. Starting a new school year is always exciting but starting at a brand new school and 9 months pregnant? That's some kind of crazy! I'm amazed my room got set up (Thanks Rosina!) and honestly it was all a blur. Two days after school started, I'm texting Rosina at 5 am telling her I'm on my way to have Monkey. A little earlier than any of us had anticipated but that's how Monkey is. Always doing things a little different than we expect! This little guy captured our hearts. I remember my heart breaking into a thousand pieces when he was sent to the NICU less than 12 hours after he was born. And going home without your baby? That's the worst feeling in the world. I felt like everything was backwards. Thankfully he's a strong little guy and everything turned out for the best. I remember everything about that week perfectly. Right down to the phone calls I made to the nurses so I knew how he was doing. And then he was home. Our crazy, silly, goofy, unpredictable, routine loving little Monkey. I never know what will come out of his mouth or what he will do next. Listening to him count with daddy or show me everything in the house that's orange and then make a stockpile of the orange items (be careful what you wear to our house!).

One year ago I was embarking on another new adventure. School was getting ready to start again and again, pregnant. Not 9 months pregnant thank goodness! But another new principal and a new IA and some new teachers. And planning a party for Monkey. Of course Monkey was running everywhere at that point and into everything. Actually I think once he figured out he could move he was into everything. And it didn't take long to figure out he could move!
 And now here we are, two years later. Again, preparing for school to start on Tuesday and nope, not pregnant! But with a baby girl and a little boy about to turn two. Another new principal, another new IA and more new staff at school. I'm sensing a trend in my life! Hopefully this is the last new principal and IA for awhile. I look at these pictures and can't believe how much Monkey has changed in just two short years. He loves being outside and learning the names of everything outside, all the plants, animals, flowers, everything! Thank goodness I like learning new things! We've spent two days looking at moss on trees and today he found it on the ground and acted like it was a new discovery! He's decided diapers are not the cool thing to wear (he's actually felt that way for months, but with Carmen being so little it was a bit hard to potty train) and is ready to be a big boy! So happy early birthday to my sweet, lovable, crazy Monkey! I can't wait to see what adventures we all have this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment